Bamboo sheets are a new and great alternative to conventional cotton sheets. These sheets are significantly more comfortable, breathable, luxurious, and softer. In addition, bamboo sheets are also environmentally friendly. Given that we spend a third of our lives asleep on the bed, it is essential that is our sleep environment is optimum and induces sleep without any disturbance. To know more about the benefits of bamboo sheets, click here.
While upgrading to bamboo sheets is a good start, you’ll need to wash and care for them to guarantee longevity and comfort. Sweat, makeup, dust, bacteria, blood, stains, etc., dirty sheets with everyday usage. A clean and fresh set of sheets are ideal for safe and wholesome sleep. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your bamboo sheets.
Tips to Care for Your Bamboo Sheets:
- As a general rule for all bedsheets, wash them often to ensure they’re fresh. During summers wash bamboo sheets every 7-10 days. In winters every two weeks once should suffice.
- Bamboo sheets must be washed in cold water, 30C max.
- Always choose the gentle cycle on your machine.
- Avoid mixing bamboo sheets with apparel that contains zippers, hooks, etc. as it may lead to damage.
- Use a mild liquid detergent that is environmentally friendly.
- To remove stains use a chlorine-free stain remover.
- Avoid bleach, dryer sheets, vinegar, chlorine, or hydrogen-peroxide based detergent.
- Bamboo sheets are extra soft. So you don’t have to use a fabric softener during a wash.
- Ideally, line dry your bamboo sheets outside. This ensures the longevity of colors, elasticity, and fibers.
- If you prefer a dryer, pick low heat and set it to a low tumble cycle. Once done, take them out as soon as possible to avoid wrinkling.
- Wrinkles ease out once you lay out the sheet after a use or two. You can also iron them out in a low heat setting.
- Store your washed sheets away from direct sunlight in a breathable, cool, and dry space.
- Avoid plastic containers and cardboard. Plastic traps moisture and cardboard ushers in harmful acids.
Above all, we at Bamboo Sheet Shop request you to use eco-friendly products while washing and to consider the environmental impact.
Given the quality of our sheets and armed with these tips, our bamboo sheets should last a long time. However, like all good things, these, too, come to an end. Once the sheet ages and fraying hems appear, consider replacing them. You can repurpose old sheets or recycle them. Bamboo sheets are biodegradable. As a result, they are absolutely safe to be disposed of at a landfill. We strongly recommend you recycle and reuse to minimize the impact on the environment. If you are looking to replace or buy bamboo sheets for the first time, check out our extensive collection of sheets, duvet covers, pillow covers, and baby crib sheets.